After many twists and turns, the Tour de France 2019 ends with some great victories.
Paris, Sunday July 28 2019. The last stage of the Tour de France ended Sunday night on the famous Avenue des Champs-Elysées in Paris and was won by the Australian Caleb Ewan.
The most famous cycling race in the world, the Tour de France, was strong with emotions with lots of twists and turns, especially in the general classification. Indeed, Julian Alaphilippe wore the yellow jersey for 14 days giving France the hope of winning the race for the first time since Bernard Hinault in 1986. The mountain stages in the Alps have allowed Egan Bernal to stand up and to win the Tour de France. The 22-year-old Colombian is the first South American to win the Tour, but also the youngest winner of the yellow jersey since its creation 100 years ago.
France can also be proud of its athletes, indeed, Romain Bardet won the polka dot jersey and Julian Alaphilippe the super combative jersey. The green jersey was won by Peter Sagan for the seventh time, a record in the history of the Tour de France.
Tour de France calendar
- 24.08.2019 - 15.09.2019 La Vuelta
- 13.10.2019 - 13.10.2019 Paris Tours
- 17.03.2019 - 17.03.2019 Paris-Nice
- 14.04.2019 - 14.04.2019 Paris-Roubaix
- 24.04.2019 - 24.04.2019 La Flèche Wallonne
- 28.04.2019 - 28.04.2019 Liège - Bastogne - Liège
- 02.05.2019 - 05.05.2019 Tour du Yorkshire
- 09.06.2019 - 16.06.2019 Critérium du Dauphiné
- 06.07.2019 - 28.07.2019 Tour de France
- 19.07.2019 - 19.07.2019 La Course By Le Tour
- 21.07.2019 - 21.07.2019 Etape du Tour