In 1907, Charles Tissot had a factory built on Chemin de Tourelles, in Le Locle, where the company's current headquarters are situated. Thanks to electrical motors, mechanical production was gradually adopted, enabling the serial production of meticulously-made watches. From the dawn of the 1910s, Tissot sold its first wristwatches for women, in the form of gold and platinum pieces set with diamonds. Next, Tissot created wristwatch models for men, well before the peak of this trend between the two world wars. While their aesthetic was influenced by current styles, such as Art Nouveau and then Art Deco, they stood out for their technical innovations, including the world's first non-magnetic wristwatch. In 1917, Tissot started producing its own movements, becoming a manufacturing company. It was therefore able to propose high-quality watches at an affordable price.
© Tissot SA - Swiss watches since 1853 - All right reserved