Tissot gets its Brand Friends pedalling in the Tour de France
Epernay, Monday 8 July 2019 – Tissot, Official Timekeeper of the Tour de France, has invited several celebrities to pedal the last few kilometers of Stage 3, Binche/Epernay.
They include Camille Cerf, Miss France 2015, Allison Pineau, World Handball Champion, Nathalie Péchalat, European Figure Skating Champion, Clémentine Sarlat, sports journalist, and Tom Leeb, actor and musician.
The Brand Friends, flanked by Gérard Holtz, former Tour de France commentator, and François Thiébaud, President of Tissot, thus covered, by electric bike and on the private course, the 33 final kilometres of the official Stage 3 route linking the town of Binche to Epernay.The public was at the roadside to cheer them on.
Under a sunny blue sky the one-day-only cyclists admired, while pedalling, the views of the verdant countryside offered by the roads of the Champagne region, with its fields of vines stretching as far as the eye can see.
This experiment thus gave everyone a glimpse of electric biking, the gentle mode of transport that is attracting ever more users, in the unique and special context of the Tour de France, the year’s biggest event featuring the bicycle.
Tour de France calendar
- 24.08.2019 - 15.09.2019 La Vuelta
- 13.10.2019 - 13.10.2019 Paris Tours
- 17.03.2019 - 17.03.2019 Paris-Nice
- 14.04.2019 - 14.04.2019 Paris-Roubaix
- 24.04.2019 - 24.04.2019 La Flèche Wallonne
- 28.04.2019 - 28.04.2019 Liège - Bastogne - Liège
- 02.05.2019 - 05.05.2019 Tour du Yorkshire
- 09.06.2019 - 16.06.2019 Critérium du Dauphiné
- 06.07.2019 - 28.07.2019 Tour de France
- 19.07.2019 - 19.07.2019 La Course By Le Tour
- 21.07.2019 - 21.07.2019 Etape du Tour